November 9, 2021 2:36 pm
Indonesia has already started deploying 5G since May 2021, with Telkomsel being the first provider to operate 5G in Indonesia. Since then, Indosat and XL have also launched their 5G services, and coverage includes parts of Jabotabek, Bandung, Batam, Balikpapan, Makassar, Surakarta and Denspasar. While 5G brings high speed and low latency to the private users, the higher pricing for the service as well as upgrading your devices will make the conversion to 5G a gradual process. However, 5G brings benefits beyond just the private user so, how else can we take advantage of the potential of 5G?
Below are some ideas to generate discussions on how Indonesia can maximize the benefits of 5G:
- “Super smart town” This is a concept that leverages the high speed and low latency of 5G to create services such as smart navigation, smart shopping and smart mobility, with the aim of realizing a better way of living and revitalizing the local community. This is an entire ecosystem that 5G can make significantly better.
- Remote controlled robot: The robot is designed to conduct time critical work in hazardous area where the risk is high (Poisonous gas area, disarming bomb, etc)
- Smart Traffic Management: Relay live traffic information integrating sensors, CCTV and other tools already deployed in the city into a single platform and Command & Control Centre for swift action such road rerouting, police despatch, etc
- Smart Environment: Integrating from the wide range of environmental sensors and use cases available such as CO2, humidity, etc to provide real-time information
- Transforming Edge Computing: One of the challenges for deploying IOT devices is latency and the ability to process and act in a timely manner. Edge Computing using 5G is a game-changer in that it allows the localized data processing, storage and response. Edge computing connected to 5G allows more future forward technologies for critical applications that need low latency.
These are just some of the ideas that can be considered on how we can leverage 5G. PT DOTS with its range of partners such as Cisco, Alkira, AWS, Minebea Mitsumi are very well-positioned to assist you along this journey.
Contact us and let us map out how we all can benefit from 5G.